26 Feb ICT Department Internship at Robben Island Museum
Robben Island Museum
ICT Internship – 12 Months Contract
The above-mentioned position is available in the ICT Department at Robben Island Museum.
The main objective of this internship is to provide work experience exposure in ICT for the qualified graduate in Information Technology or Computer Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists staff with installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of a desktop computer, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines;
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software;
- Assist ICT RIM helpdesk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from users;
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, and administrative systems;
- Assist user with printing support and telephones incidents;
- Assist with the incident management at the ICT Helpdesk;
- Assist in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable;
- Assist in management of RIM ICT assets and administration;
Experience and Technical skills:
- Diploma/ degree in Information Technology or Computer Systems/ Science;
- Grade 12 or Matric;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical skills;
- Oral communication;
- Sound judgment;
- Team player;
- Time management;
- Good organizational skills.
RIM is an EE, AA, employer, RIM reserves the right not to make an appointment if suitable candidate are not found. Forward a detailed cv, accompanied by certified copies your ID and qualification certificates as well as contactable referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 03 March 2019.
Note: If you do not hear from us within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Please note your attachment should not exceed 10 MB:
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.robben-island.org.za/files/jobs/ICT - Intern - 03- March 2019.pdf →