Newzroom Afrika is hiring and the media company is looking for:
- Music/Content Rights Manager
- Make-Up Supervisor
- Assistant – Music/Content Rights Management Team
Newzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East, and West Africa.
Music/Content Rights Manager
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Music and content rights manager is responsible for the day to day management and administration of all third-party-owned as well as Newzroom Afrika owned music and managing audio-visual rights.
- Managing all usage of copyright, controlled imagery, and music on Newzroom Afrika’s linear television and digital platforms.
- Managing all copyright/royalty tracking processes, including the collation and processing of music cue sheets for submission to royalty collecting agencies.
- Working closely with the finance department to manage royalty payment budgets.
- Managing the disbursements of royalty payments and other related fees.
- Monitoring the daily use of third-party content and music on-air in relation to royalty budget allocations.
- Helping to negotiate blanket license fees with library content/music collecting societies and aggregators (working closely with Newzroom Afrika’s content and music rights lawyer).
- Seeing to the correct copyright attributions on cue sheets for all third-party content and pieces of music.
- Securing and negotiating commercial music rights clearances with composers, publishers, producers, collecting agencies/societies, aggregators, and/or independent content owners.
- Creating and maintaining commercial accounts with news agencies that trade in news and current affairs content.
- Creating and maintaining commercial accounts with all traders of still images that are used by Newzroom Afrika on-air and on digital platforms.
- Managing relationships with all content/music rights stakeholders
- Generating revenue by managing the continuous commercial exploitation of Newzroom Afrika’s owned audiovisual archive content and music.
- Creating and maintaining music/content rights clearance reports.
- Ensuring that all rights management legal processes are adhered to (working closely with Newzroom Afrika’s content and music rights lawyer).
- Maintaining and overseeing the ongoing improvements in the development and implementation of internal copyright and royalty calculation systems
- Preparing regular statements for internal accounting as well as the processing of payments.
- Overseeing any and all legal queries from third parties with respect to music and content rights.
- Ensuring that Newzroom Afrika is always compliant with all copyright Acts of the territories in which in broadcasts.
- At least five years of management experience in music and/or content rights management.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, prioritise, multi-task, manage projects independently and manage personnel.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated initiative.
- Be a self-starter and accountable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong client-support orientation (internal and external clients/stakeholders)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– – – – – – – – – – – –
|Own transport required:||Yes|
The make-up supervisor position requires understanding from a visual and technical standpoint for Make-up application. It is key to determine the correct product and application technique according to the light and setting, specific for a news broadcast.
- The make-up supervisor reports directly to the Head of Production and Resources
- The supervisor is required to oversee the workflow of the make-up department and supervise the work performance of the entire team.
- The supervisor is required to coach individuals and resolve issues in the team from time to time. He/she serves as a link between subordinates and upper management.
- Constant performance management feedback is required to ensure optimal consistent performance within the department.
- The supervisor should have basic ability of hairstyling and maintenance.
- Should have a diverse knowledge of products in the market suitable for news broadcast and manage the sourcing of required products and equipment for the department.
- Monthly and weekly upkeep of inventory for tracking product consumption across teams.
- Ability to collaborate with crew members from Wardrobe styling and Technical Lighting to find complementary standards.
- Generate monthly team roster and distribute timeously to the team every month.
- Manage any shift amendments with the team and keep track of changes for invoicing purposes
- Track and manage team invoicing per month for finance submission.
- Manage dry-cleaning and ad-hoc tasks outside of, but related to the Make-up department.
- Maintain hygiene and cleanliness standards inside the Make-up room.
- Keep channel of communication open with the team on any relevant updates impacting the department.
- A problem-solving approach to departmental challenges.
- Basic qualification in make-up technique and application or related study
- Proven work experience as a makeup artist in the broadcast news industry
- Work experience in a makeup supervisory position
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to balance quality and budget restraints
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Patient with a positive attitude
– – – – – – – – – – – –
Assistant – Music/Content Rights Management Team
Music and content rights management team assistant:
Assists in the day to day management and administration of all library/commercial music and audio-visual content rights at Newzroom Afrika. This position reports to the music and content rights manager.
- Help with all administrative elements of securing rights for all music and third-party audiovisual content that is incorporated into Newzroom Afrika’s television channel programming and on all of the digital platforms.
- Help with all administrative elements of securing rights for all music and third-party audiovisuals that are incorporated into Newzroom Afrika’s digital platform.
- Help to compile and maintain Newzroom Afrika’s owned music database.
- Help to compile comprehensive cue sheets for the following:
- Music and third-party content used on both linear and digital Newzroom Afrika platforms
- Help calculate licensing fees and royalty payment for direct transactions with composers and third-party audio-visual content owners
- Help to liaise with music and content publishers/composers/producers, record labels, news agencies, content aggregators and/or music/ ontent rights collecting agencies
- Additional tasks include all other secretarial tasks for the music and content rights department
- Keen interest with a basic understanding of music publishing and content rights management.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Some skill in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and some experience in collecting, organising, and manipulating large pools
- Confident in carrying out projects from start to finish, and providing quality data
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com