15 Oct NMISA Undergraduate Bursary Opportunity
NMISA is offering undergraduate bursaries at a recognized South African University.
Upon completion, the bursars will be required to work one year for every year sponsored at NMISA.
Successful graduates will follow an exciting career at NMISA in the Science of Accurate Measurement (Metrology).
NMISA is the custodian of the South Africa national measurement standards, thus you will be working closely with experts on the realization of the International System (SI) of units in Physical Metrology.
Bursary is offered in the following fields of study:
- BTech or BEng Technology in Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering
Who can apply:
- Candidates who are in possession of a National Diploma and have successfully completed their P2 or are busy completing their P2 work integrated learning.
- Candidates who can demonstrate above average manual dexterity, use of hand tools and the basic understanding of the operation and maintenance of basic mechanical systems
- Candidates must have the intention of studying further
- Applicants must be South African Citizens
- Students with above average academic performance and financially needy
- BTech / Hons Electronic Engineering X1
- Undergraduate students who are registered full-time at a recognized South African university in any of the fields listed above with an average of ≥ 60%
- 3-year degree/ diploma within the following field: Electronic Engineering
- Keen interest in research and development of new ideas
- Thinking outside the box
- Sound mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Ability to prepare scientific reports
- Computer literacy
- Computer modeling skill will be an added advantage
The bursary includes:
The full costs of registration and tuition; residence fees and allowance for prescribed books and necessary requirements.
The successful candidates will have an opportunity to gain work experience at NMISA during vacations.
How to apply:
Interested and suitably qualified persons may forward all supporting documentation required (updated CV, certified educational qualifications, certified academic record and certified ID.)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.nmisa.org/opportunities/Lists/Vacancies/Attachments/13/Advert Undergraduate Bursary 2018.pdf →