A learnership is a learning programme that leads to an occupational or professional NQF qualification, with strong emphasis on workplace learning and experience.
A learnership has the following defining features:
- A formal learning contract exists between the employer, the learner and training provider.
- The learning achievements are formally assessed by an accredited skills development provider / assessor.
- It includes a supervised and structured learning approach that has a combination of theoretical and workplace learning.
What does the SABC offer?
The SABC offers learnerships in the following fields:
- Broadcast Engineering
- Radio production
- Television operations and
- Other media and broadcast related qualifications
How and when are learnerships advertised at the SABC?
Learnerships are advertised via SABC radio stations, the website and sometimes in local newspapers. Dependant on business requirements, Learnerships are usually advertised during September/ October of each year.
Who are learnerships for?
A learnership programme is mostly targeted at the unemployed, South African youth seeking qualifications to become employable.
Is there a selection criterion to participate in a learnership?
Yes, these will be stipulated when advertised.
What will I get after completion?
If the learnership is completed successfully, you will obtain a recognized qualification.
What is the duration of the learnership?
The length of a learnership will differ but normally it will not be less than one year.
Are there any costs involved to register for a learnership?
No. There is no cost involved when applying or registering to participate in a learnership.
Does the SABC remunerate me whilst I learn?
Yes. The SABC remunerates learners as per the relevant legislation and policies that govern learnerships. The amount will be made known to you when you are successful.
Are there employment opportunities after completion of the learnership?
The SABC does not guarantee employment after completion of a learnership. However with the recognized qualification, you will be more suited to become employable.
When learnerships are advertised, what documents / information must I attach when an application is made?
You must ensure that you forward the following:
- An application/ covering letter stating what learnership you are applying for
- Updated and Comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV).
- Certified copies of your identity document
- Certified copies of the required / relevant qualifications or academic results (e.g. matric)
- Contact details (name known by, day contact telephone number, physical home address, postal address)
Where can I obtain more information on learnerships at the SABC?
Applications and CV’s must be forwarded to the relevant address indicated on the advert when advertised.
If you meet the minimum requirements as required of the programme, you can then apply as per the relevant advertisement. Learnerships usually commence in the beginning of each year.
How can I apply: DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE
To apply for this job please visit www.sabc.co.za.