17 May SABC 1 Is Looking For DJs And Musicians For Their New Show
After record-smashing ratings across the world and for the first time in South Africa, SABC 1 brings you the world’s biggest reality competition, THE REMIX!.
The show is now searching for next big talent of DJs, singers/musicians – and if this is you, here’s your chance.
How it works;
Ten groups, each made up of a trio of a strong vocalist, DJ/Producer and musical performer of choice will compete for head to head every week until only one group is left standing. The winners will walk away with a fantastic cash prize. Groups will be tasked with creating a Remix within a given theme or musical genre. Working together, they must create a unique sound and bring a new flavour to existing local and international hits. All this, while doing justice to the original track.
The groups will then perform their Remix in front of a live studio audience and our star judges. They will be judged on the Remix that they produce as well as the performance they give. The worst performance of the night will be eliminated.
If you think your crew have what it takes, here are all requirements:
The Remix is a group-based competition and therefore requires each group to consist of three members:
• A DJ / Producer with a proven ability to scratch and mix.
• A vocalist.
• A third creative contributor of your choice who must also be able to perform. For example, an additional
DJ/Producer, an instrumentalist, or a vocalist. The third member must, therefore, perform throughout the
You must be able to prove at the time of audition that:
• You are a South African citizen or a permanent South African resident who is eligible to work full-time
in South Africa; and
• You are 18 years old as of May 15, 2018. If you were born after May 15, 2000, you are not eligible to
participate this season.
• You are no older than 35 years old as of May 15, 2018. If you were born on or before May 15, 1983, you are
not eligible to participate this season.
THE ENTRY PROCESS
Step 1: Prepare a short video clip on a smartphone/recording device of the following:
– Your favourite popular song of two minutes in length which must be a live performance with live vocals
and instrumentation, if you are using any.
– The DJ/Producer member of your group must be able to mix live and in performance and must be
skilled in any of the major music software: Logic, Fruity Loops, Cubase and Garage Band etc. He / She
must also have a basic set-up to work and produce if selected to participate.
Step 2: Submit your completed form which must include your video link to your video clip in the space provided
on the form. If you use google drive, Dropbox or we transfer, please ensure you share the link with
Please ensure that both form and video clip have been submitted. If Producer is not able to download these
items, you will not be considered for the audition process.
More info via SABC 1