04 Oct SABC1’s Uzalo is offering x6 Internships to young people
SABC1’s Uzalo is offering six (6) young people an opportunity to be part of the Crew through their Internship programme.
Stained Glass Productions will give training and experience to 6 young people…Sounds interesting?
1. Sound – training as “boom swinger” in the basics of sound mixing. (Suitable for someone who is interested in sound design and has an ear for music.)
2. Camera– training as a camera assistant with exposure to camera operating, lighting and focus pulling, with a view to equipping the trainee to be a competent camera assistant. (Suitable for someone who has the ability to pay attention to detail, a basic understanding of camera equipment and previous experience/ interest in photography).
3. Make-up and hair – training as a make-up and hair standby assistant to be able to do onset checks and touch ups required by actors and performers. This trainee will also be exposed to the basics of television make-up application, hair styling and basic special effects.
4. Art department – training as art department standby assistant. This trainee will be exposed to set dressing, prop management and production design. They will become competent in seeing to all the onset art department needs; making sure artists have appropriate props handy and that the set is dressed to the directors satisfaction. (Applicants must have an Interest in art, painting, carpentry, fine arts, graffiti and graphic design).
5. Continuity/Script Supervision-training as Script supervisor. This trainee is responsible for marking up scripts with continuity notes. His/her duties also include maintaining a detailed log of daily scene shots slated for production with accompanying production notes and continuity suggestions.
6. Wardrobe – training as a wardrobe standby assistant who will be competent in all the onset checks and adjustments needed for artists and their wardrobe needs. (Applicants must have an eye for design and training in dress making, costume design/ construction, interest in fashion and styling would be an advantage).
HOW TO APPLY
Send a CV and motivation letter to Fezile Peko, DFO Project Manager, 11th Floor Rennies House, 41s Margaret Mncadi Avenue. Durban and can call Fezile Peko or Nosipho Hlophe on 031 311 4243.
Email applications are not accepted.
Closing date for applications is 12 October 2016 at 12pm.