City of Johannesburg
This opportunity is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg community.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is committed to fulfilling its socio-economic mandate by providing training opportunities in the form of Financial Assistance to community recipients, within the Johannesburg metropolitan area who intend pursuing academic studies at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa and who adhere to the prescribed criteria in order for them to acquire their qualification at a recognised FET and/or HET.
The CoJ is offering bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science Legal
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction) Library
- Local Government Science/Political Science
- Communications/Social Media
- Community Services
- Curatorial Studies
- Medicine Emergency Management Services
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Engineering (all Fields)
- Municipal Governance
- Environmental Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Small Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Treasury, Economists)
- Quality Assurance
- Public Management
- Geo Information Science (GIS)
- Quantity Surveying
- Health (Nursing)
- Real Estate (Property Management, Property Valuation)
- Information Technology
- Sports Science
- International Relations and Protocol
- Town and Regional Planning
Criteria for selection:
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one year.
- The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
- The bursary is not applicable for postgraduate qualifications
CLOSING DATE: 02 NOVEMBER 2020
The Bursary covers Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R 35,000.00 per academic year.
Contact Person: Billy Baloyi Tel No: (011) 407 6979
Workplace: 2 nd Metropolitan Centre
Apply on www.joburg.org.za, click on vacancies, and then application for Bursaries and Learnerships
A completed application form, proof of residence, a certified copy of ID and Qualifications, and proof of income.
Feel free to share this post.
To apply for this job please visit www.joburg.org.za.