Aveng Trident Steel centrally situated in Roodekop, Germiston and other facilities in Alrode, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Rosslyn and Cape Town provide a wide product range to the steel industry in South Africa as well as internationally from their extensive steel yards, modern and comprehensive steel processing and steel service centers, specialty steel division and tube manufacturing plant.
The incumbent will be responsible to perform duties such as Supply Chain, Internal Sales, and Admin to be classified in any specific office clerical occupation, requiring knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual establishments and will include a combination of answering telephones, typing or word processing, and filing.
• Degree in Admin or Marketing
• Administration experience
• Computer Literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Sales experience would be added advantage
• Customer etiquette
Duties & Responsibilities
• Handling incoming calls
• Liaising with customers
• Input of customers’ orders accurately
• Discussing products
• Handling inquiries
• Relationship building with new customers
• Working closely with despatch and production
• Generating Excel worksheets and graphs as required
• Submit quotes for customers
• Adhere to the Aveng Trident Steel SHE Policy
• Carry out any other reasonable instructions not listed
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
• Good analytical and problem- solving skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in work tasks
• Has good written and verbal communication skills
• Adhere to principles and values
• Apply Good Governance Principles
• Maintaining effective relationships
• Produce and maintain effective business results
• Take responsibility and make things happen
• High level of enthusiasm and results driven
• Manage criticism and maintain momentum
• Maintaining a high level of Integrity
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
In line with Aveng’s commitment to transformation, suitably qualified candidates from previously disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
While the company’s recruitment policy stipulates that all positions will be advertised, provision is also made for appointments to be made in accordance with the company’s succession planning strategy and practice when filling vacancies.
Closing Date: 13 March 2018
To apply for this job please visit aveng.erecruit.co.za.