The Internship will provide an individual with the opportunity to train and work under the guidance of the On-Air Manager to execute the functions listed below:
Services and information that the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, to accomplish the organisation’s mission and strategy.
• Construction of a transmission log (presentation schedule) to ensure correct transmission of content across all channels e.g. programming, advertising, various On-Air elements, sponsorships, branding and marketing material.
• Produce a meticulously accurate, Transmission-ready detailed 24hour running-order Log for Playout by required daily deadline.
• Construct and deliver fault free Transmission Logs for transmission, against strict deadlines, for all current and future M-Net channels.
• Accurately capture the Programming and Movies from the Macro schedule (Synergy) to the Micro schedule across required channels.
• Query anomalies to ensure accurate running order logs (schedules)
• Create Formats, if required
• Generate running order schedule and maintain on-air elements in the current operating system, Paradigm
• Liaise with Internal departments EPG, Marketing, DStv Media Sales, Media Operations and Traffic on the status of the logs as per agreed standard operating procedure.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Relevant Degree or 3 year Tertiary Qualification in Media
• Understanding and/or experience of any aspect of television (possibly a student production or similar)
• A keen interest in Television
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
During the internship, the suitable candidate will be trained on the required Scheduling systems, Synergy and Paradigm or other Micro-scheduling system.
• Effective Communication
• Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Meticulous attention to detail
• High level of accuracy
• Concentration for extended periods of time
• Effective Time Management
• Good organization and administrative skills
• Initiative and ability to take responsibility
• Willingness and enthusiasm to learn is essential.
CLOSING DATE: 19 MAY 2014
To apply for this job please visit multichoice.erecruit.co.za.