The Vodacom Change the World programme was first introduced in 2011, giving individuals the opportunity to volunteer their time and skills to work at a Non Profit Organisation (NPO) for a period of 12 months. To date 40 volunteers with their 40 respective NPOs have successfully participated and each one of them has made a difference in the period that they worked with their NPO.
It is evident that the Vodacom CtW volunteers have over these past years not just made a difference at their NPOs and the lives of their beneficiaries, but some have also realised that the world of social entrepreneurship is where they want to stay.
Here is just a brief summary of the great achievements of the CtW volunteers over 3 years… and counting:
- More than 700 social workers have been trained who are making a difference to the lives of 152,000 people daily across the Free State Province;
- Launching the ‘soup brick’ concept (freezing soup into a brick and adding additional micronutrients after re-heating) in 2011 caught the attention of the White House and has since been implemented in India;
- In 2011 raised more than R1.2million for an NPO who’s key focus is to assist people infected and affected by HIV/Aids;
- One volunteer worked as a volunteer in 2011 with an NPO focused on early childhood development and in 2012 she started her own NPO that focuses on education of health of young children;
- Director of Association for People with Disabilities, Free State;
- The first isiZulu speech therapy application was developed to assist people who suffer from Aphasia to better communicate with care givers, family and friends;
- The Stroke Foundation adopted the “Fresh Tips from Vintage Lips” as their national campaign in 2013 – developed by a CtW volunteer;
- Secured international funding from an international airline for the next two years;
- 14 of the 20 volunteers from the first two years still continue to be involved in the NPO sector.
The Vodacom CtW Volunteers are ordinary people who are doing extra-ordinary things.
Application form 2015
To apply for this job please visit www.vodacomctw.co.za.