SABC Education in partnership with the Department of Basic Education (DBE) will be calling all South African matric students to register and receive their matric results through SMS and USSD lines.
This service was created for matric students to receive their results via SMS or through USSD as soon as they were released to the public.
In 2014, more than 300 000 students received their results via the SABC Education SMS and USSD services. The Matric Results SMS and USSD lines will be opened for matric students from the 09thof December 2015 until 31 January 2016. Students who successful registered in the Matric Results campaign will receive their results on 06 January 2016.
Learners will register to get their results via SMS and USSD
- The Learner will send an SMS to 35685
- The SMS will consist of the ID number and student number.
- The system verifies the ID number and the Exam number; both numbers must have 13 Digits in order to be accepted. The ID Number will also be subjected to an algorithm that identifies if the ID Number is a valid South African ID Number.
- The learners will be charged R1.00 per SMS, free SMSes do not apply
- The learners will dial *120*35685#, put in their ID number and Exam number to register, once the results are available, they will get their results per subject.
- USSD has what we call resume session function, where our system recognizes the number the next time the user dials the string. Meaning that it knows what the last question the learner answered was.
- The cost for USSD is 20 cents per 20 seconds
SABC Education will continue to create awareness through TV and Radio promos to alert students on the use of SMS and USSD support services.
SABC Education will again run a call-centre to address issues relating to
rregistration process, registration confirmation and queries on results received. Should the learners have queries, they can contact our call centre on 011 504 0008, Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm.
SABC Education in partnership with the Department of Basic Education celebrates the launch of the Matric Results campaign to “Enriching Minds, Enriching Lives”. Former president Nelson Mandela once said that “Education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world.”