Apple to unveil the new iPhone and iPad on 21st March
Apple’s next event is taking place on Monday, 21 March 2016 – and expected to unveil a new iPhone and iPad.
It is rumoured that:
- Apple has being working on a new 4-inch iPhone and it’ll be named “iPhone SE” , which will be a combination of the iPhone 6 and 6S but resembling an iPhone 5.
- Will include upgraded internals, software, and hardware features that blend the old design with modern technologies from the past two iPhone upgrades. The hardware is believed to feature an 8-megapixel iSight camera, 1.2-megapixel FaceTime camera, and the A8 and M8 chips from the iPhone 6, but won’t be pressure-sensitive.
Here are some of the features that can be expected:
- The chamfered, shiny edges have been replaced with curved glass like on the iPhone 6 and 6s lines.
- The same 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.2 megapixel front camera systems from the iPhone 6
- Support for larger panoramas and autofocus for video recording
- Barometer for tracking elevation in the Health app
- An NFC chip for Apple Pay
- The A8 and M8 chips from the iPhone 6
- Bluetooth 4.2, VoLTE, and 802.11ac WiFi chips from the iPhone 6s
- Live Photos from the iPhone 6s
- Same Silver, Space Gray, Gold, & Rose Gold color options as the 6s line
Other items to be unveiled will include a new 9.7-inch iPad (iPad Pro) – rumored to have four speakers, stylus support, additional RAM and a faster processor, and to be available in a 128GB storage capacity.
Apple could also release a small update to watchOS, version 2.2, to coincide with the event.